X86_mscoff / x86_64 as default for dub projects (windows)

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Fri Dec 7 12:24:49 UTC 2018

On Friday, 7 December 2018 at 06:52:41 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> On 07/12/2018 11:50 AM, Basile B. wrote:
>>
>> I'd  wish this too (i also wish DWARF info in mscoff).
>> Unfortunately last time i tried to built DCD using -m64 (and
>> MINGW stuff + LLD) the resulting PE crashed, so maybe there
>> are problems to fix before switching.
>
> Agreed we should hold off until mingw + lld stuff gain more
> maturity.
> Then we can swap over fully with minimal pain.

Thanks a lot for the opinions. Maybe we could check that e.g. all
dub packages
compiles fine (and unittests succeeds) with LLD to check the
maturity.
When we reached that level we can switch the default architecture.

I also like the idea to switch the architecture in DMD itself to
avoid surprises.
And I really like to have a 64 bit DMD executable. Fortunately it
is created
by the nightly builds, but having it as release download would be
really great.

Kind regards
André