The state of string interpolation

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Fri Dec 7 21:19:26 UTC 2018

On 08/12/2018 9:59 AM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> I think we need to sell it to W&A from this angle.:-D   This is a lot
> more convincing than "PHP-style interpolated strings would be nice, can
> we haz it plz, kthxbye".

Just a warning, what I'm seeing right now is compiler hooks into the
language (I've wanted these before). It is very unlikely from what I
remember what W&A have said that it would be accepted.

Whatever semantics+syntax that is came up with, you may need to be a bit
careful so that it is clear what is going on to the compiler and user.