newCTFE Status November 2018

Stefan Koch uplink.coder at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 8 00:32:58 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I have short but good news, non-default class-constructors work
now.
(this was tricky because of my unorthodox vtbl layout).

And another exciting news item, newCTFE is going to support
cross-platform floating-point as soon as I got around to
re-implementing, the qemu fork of softfloat-2.

That'll result in a compile-time testable floating point
implementation ;) Pretty cool, huh.

I'll give an update as soon as the compiler tests pass again.

newCTFE is currently developed against 2.074.1 on the
newCTFE_reboot_20741 branch.

Cheers,

Stefan