X86_mscoff / x86_64 as default for dub projects (windows)

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Sat Dec 8 19:05:18 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 8 December 2018 at 15:04:12 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
wrote:
> On Friday, 7 December 2018 at 13:23:54 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
>>
>> Visual studio is no longer needed as lld and x86mscoff/x86_64
>> libraries now included in dmd and LDC:)
>>
>> We just need to get it mature.
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Andre
>
> Is it any faster than OPTLINK?

LLD is advertised as a very fast linker. Whether that is true I
can't say, I didn't measure it.
But there should be also other benefits:
-it is actively developed by llvm community
- you do not have to convert static libs from coff to omf (e.g.
SQLite,...)

Current situation is, you can't create documentation in format
ddox because of an Optlink bug. This bug is known for a very long
time.

Kind regards
Andre