newCTFE Status November 2018

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon Dec 10 05:17:46 UTC 2018

On Sun, Dec 09, 2018 at 03:16:16PM +0000, Patrick Schluter via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Sunday, 9 December 2018 at 14:48:31 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 08, 2018 at 05:19:59PM +0000, Joakim via Digitalmars-d
> > wrote: [...]
> > > [...]
> >
> > Ahhh, so *that's* the reason for the failure.
> >
> > [...]
>
> size_t theoretically also but here practically there are only two
> sizes to take care of 4 and 8.
[...]

Since size_t is an alias to a concrete fixed-sized int type, I don't
think it would actually be a problem. The alias AFAIK depends only on
the version identifiers, which are always set for the target arch, so
size_t will always alias to the correct target type even when run in
CTFE on a host with a different size_t.

Latin's a dead language, as dead as can be; it killed off all the Romans, and now it's killing me! -- Schoolboy