newCTFE Status November 2018

Stefan Koch uplink.coder at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 10 14:34:44 UTC 2018

On Monday, 10 December 2018 at 13:20:32 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 at 14:00, Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d
> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'd love to not re-invent the weel; But we don't have a wheel.
>>

> Then fix the wheel - you've already gone as far as taking one
> soft-float implementation, use it for the alias to real_t!

Yes that is what I am going to do as soon as it works for newCTFE.

The library will take a while to reverse-engineer and rewrite in
D though.
It is under the BSD licence, and I don't know if that'll be
accepted for ldc/gdc or even dmd.

When I have gone though that of course it should be used in the
whole frontend.

But as I said, it'll take a while.