Removing Meson as way of building dcd, d-scanner, etc

Filipe Laíns lains at archlinux.org
Sat Dec 15 00:47:34 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 12 December 2018 at 12:23:40 UTC, Basile B. wrote:

> I'm thinking about inviting you to dlang-community then. Do you
> think you can fix at least the stupid stuff we have to do right
> know (install python 3 while it's already setup). Again today i
> have to do this:
>
>     https://github.com/dlang-community/tinyendian/pull/18/files
>
> Which is awfully slow. Most of the time is spent on setup
> python 3.6.3, which is not correct. CI tests for this product
> should not spend more than 30 secs. Now they raise to 4 minutes.
>
> The problem right now is that i handle this while i should not.
> I have zero python+its ecosystem knowledge, i just use "dub"
> "make" or my own exotic way of building, so the fix has chances
> to be be stupid.

That's fine by me. I may not be as active as I would wish at
times so if that happens just give me a mention or send me an
email.

Regarding your issue, it seems that meson 0.29.0 is available in
xenial's repo so that might be worth installing directly. To
avoid installing python each CI run, you might want to cache
it[1]. That should speed up the CI quite a bit.

[1] https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/caching/