Found on Medium: Why we chose the D Language and vibe.d

AlCaponeJr a at c.com
Wed Dec 19 20:51:35 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 19 December 2018 at 15:28:59 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> because the exact people who like to learn new things and have
> new experiences are the types of people I would want to hire.

Exactly!

I'm not saying this is true for everyone, but for me in most
cases people choose, stay and will die with top known languages
because employment and many don't think about expanding
knowledge.

Where I live C# is the hot spot, and suddenly everyone knew how
to program with it, but unfortunately that's not the case, and
right now I'm seeing/fixing a big C# code base that smells like
s***.

I remember a quote from Paul Graham where he said that in 90's
while he was developing one of the first web shops (Via Web) in
Lisp, he would lose sleep only  when competitors were developing
the same thing using Python (Unknown at the time) or any new
language.

Al.