Why can't we derive struct's?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Dec 20 18:23:26 UTC 2018

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 06:13:28PM +0000, 12345swordy via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> > Ahh, I thought you were pointing to dmd PR #3998, the original
> > multiple alias this PR.  My bad.  I see that this is a newer PR
> > submitted just earlier this year. I don't know if it addressed the
> > concerns raised here:
> >
> > 	https://forum.dlang.org/post/m74pg8$gl4$1@digitalmars.com
> >
> > which I assume would be required to pass scrutiny by W&A.  But in
> > any case, there was some feedback but Igor seems to have gone MIA.
> > Hopefully he shows up again soon.  I've been waiting for multiple
> > alias this for years now. :-/
[...]
> Do we have any means of contacting him? That seems like a job of the
> current PR manager Nicholas Wilson. FFS do we need a crowed funding to
> finished the damn thing? It been years already, and we can't rely on a
> single guy who keeps disappearing for long periods of time.
[...]

Maybe we should just crowdfund this thing.  It's been far too long, and
there have been too many failed attempts at it.  Maybe past attempts
were abandoned because it turned out to be far too much more work than
was anticipated, and what it takes is somebody to get paid to dedicate
their full time to slogging through all the tedious/complicated bits
until it gets to the finish line.

Who told you to swim in Crocodile Lake without life insurance??