Why can't we derive struct's? (Hansel & Gretel)

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Dec 21 03:33:05 UTC 2018

On 12/20/2018 10:38 AM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> There has been multiple attempts to implement it, but none were
> persistent enough to see it through to the finish line.

Nobody has figured out the semantics of single alias this, either (when faced
with class inheritance). The bugzilla issues for it are ample evidence.

MI is a Hansel and Gretel feature, where it appears to be all gingerbread and
candy, but the witch inevitably appears to pop you in the oven.

Other Hansel and Gretel features:

1. monkey patching
2. macros
3. implicit variable declaration