Why can't we derive struct's?

Neia Neutuladh neia at ikeran.org
Tue Dec 25 03:47:12 UTC 2018

On Tue, 25 Dec 2018 00:15:58 +0000, Rubn wrote:
> I feel like D's operator overloading can be equally abused as C++'s
> operator overloading. There just aren't people doing that with D (yet).

There just aren't as many people thinking that abusing operator
overloading is a neat trick these days.

I have seen one person using iostream style << in D, which is kind of
scary. May as well just use opCall instead if you need one item printed
per function call, like Tango did. (And there *are* good reasons for that
-- it reduces overhead both at compile time and runtime.)