Building DMD on OpenBSD

Ryan ryan at boggshome.net
Wed Dec 26 21:17:13 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 at 21:01:24 UTC, Anonymous wrote:
> On Tuesday, 18 July 2017 at 05:11:30 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
>> In master there is already some OpenBSD support. Some time ago
>> I worked on druntime support but I still need to finish this.
>> Mostly there is nothing magic here - just translating the
>> header files. The only non-obvious work is required for the
>> module/shared library stuff (in rt.sections). If there is an
>> OpenBSD expert around who can help here it would be nice.
>
> Maybe talk to OpenBSD porters on their mailing list. I'll
> put my stuff on github as soon as I can.

Sorry to drag up an old post but I am also interested in getting
dmd on openbsd as it is my OS for my main laptop at home.  Has
there been any progress with this anywhere?  If not, I would like
to give it a try.  My experience with D is currently limited but
I have a decent understanding of the OpenBSD build system (I am
no expert but I have ported some things to OpenBSD in the past).

I did look around a bit but I could not find any (official)
instructions on how to build the bootstrap version to use to
build the latest version of dmd.  Is it pretty much straight
forward or are there other considerations that I need to be aware
of?