Cross-compile macOS to Ubuntu

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Wed Dec 26 23:55:14 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 26 December 2018 at 18:06:47 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi
wrote:
> Coping the relevant files and building with the command line
> below [1] produce an executable, but fails on Linux  [2], oh
> well...

I guess this has sth. to do with the linker command-line args
*order*. Note that gcc puts the startup object files first, then
the actually compiled user code object files, and then the crtend
object files. This order is probably not reproducible with a
normal compile-and-link LDC command line.
Before blaming LLD, it may be worth feeding it the exact same
command line as ld/collect2 and check that result.

Btw, if you see those no-warn-on-search-mismatch errors, just
edit your etc/ldc2.conf config file, it should be
self-explanatory.