Better string mixins

Michelle Long HappyDance321 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 04:17:07 UTC 2018

On Friday, 28 December 2018 at 20:41:32 UTC, Rubn wrote:
> On Friday, 28 December 2018 at 12:09:30 UTC, Walter Bright
> wrote:
>> On 12/27/2018 9:55 PM, Michelle Long wrote:
>>> This avoids having to do shit like
>>
>> Please don't use such words on the forums. We expect
>> professional demeanor.
>
> I always find it amusing when people are offended because a
> particular word is used. Not even in the context it was used,
> merely that the word was used. I can easily and effortlessly
> say something much less professional without the use of such
> curse words. Someone interjected about my use of curse words in
> public, I insulted them in another language, and they were none
> the wiser. It's just a word, the person that gives it meaning
> is you. If you want to interpret the word in a way it wasn't
> used then that's on you. I find it funny radio and tv all have
> to bleep out these words when I can literally go on youtube and
> effortlessly find a video where they say "fuck" every 5 seconds
> without so much as a "i am totally this age and it is not made
> up so I can view the video" button. Oh how times change.
>
> tabarnak eh, monsieur Walter

It's moronic. Intelligent people understand that works are
meaningless. Shit means nothing except in thee mind. Anyone that
gets offended by shit but not poop or feces are idiots... as are
people who are ok with copulate or sex and not fuck.

The problem with these works is their multiple meanings. When
someone says shit or fuck or any other word I don't generally
think of the fecal material or the sex act... so, really it shows
that the people who get offended have a serious mental issue
since they interpret these words in the most vulgar way.

It just goes to show you... it's no different than the word
nigger. It's just a word, like any other word...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigger

The word originated in the 18th century as an adaptation of the
Spanish negro, a descendant of the Latin adjective niger which
means black.

Basically it means black... but we can't use it because it's
"offensive" because some psychopaths used it. People are morons.
Most of the time they have no direct connection to the word but
just perpetuate the problem.

E.g., maybe it would be offensive to slaves who were abused and
in which that word was connected to he abuse... but for some
black person today who has ever been a slave any more than any
white slave but yet gets even more upset than the real slave goes
to show they have no concept of what is going on.

Words are meaningless, we give them meaning by our reactions...
and some people just love to overreact to words. Context is
EVERYTHING and yet some people are totally clueless about it.

For example, if I were to call you a fucktard in some language
you couldn't understand and did it with a smile, you would not
have a negative reaction.

In fact, you can do this with animals... they go off the context.
  You can say "I'm going to kill you" with a nice voice and they
will wag their tail. If you say "I love you" in a very angry
voice they tuck their tail.

Only humans fuck up the communications channel... I suppose
because of the mass indirect communications we use. In any case,
it's not my problem... I'm not the one offended by them, so those
that are can fuck off!