Better string mixins

Jonathan Marler johnnymarler at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 17:26:20 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 29 December 2018 at 11:37:01 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 12/28/2018 6:46 PM, Jonathan Marler wrote:
>> This is just a guess but I think Walter is more sensitive to
>> swearing because of his religious beliefs.
> No. It's about professional demeanor. It's neither hard to
> understand nor hard to do.

Yeah, even though many people enjoy swearing, alot of people are
offended by it, so it doesn't make sense for professionals to use
it as a bit of humor or emphasis isn't worth the risk of
offending people.

Based on your response Walter it sounds like you think you were
mischaracterized. Just to clarify, I didn't mean to say that
you're reason for wanting professionalism is because of your
religious beliefs. Professionalism is self justifiable without
religion. I was just seeing arguments about whether swearing
could be considered professional in some situations (which it
could be) but it's not going to be that way on these forums.
Based on your beliefs, I think swearing would violate your
definition of professional. If I was right about your background
then that's not going to change so I was letting people know that
debating this would be a waste of time. Plus, I think a public
forum is too large of a group to ever think that everyone on it
would ever be ok with swearing...the group is just to large and
diverse.