Quora: Why hasn't D started to replace C++?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Feb 1 02:24:44 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 07:14:57PM -0700, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 17:16:21 Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
> wrote:
> > On 1/31/2018 1:19 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > > I'd rather stick with just B&W.
> >
> >    dmd -color=off file.d
>
> I have to wonder if my settings are right. I've never noticed any
> color in error messages. Messing around with some errors right now,
> the only color I see is that "Error:" is in red, and some of the text
> is bolded, so it's white instead of the grey that text is normally on
> my console. Maybe my console's settings aren't interacting with the
> color stuff very well.
[...]

I thought that *is* the color support that was added?  If you're
expecting IDE-style syntax highlighting, I think you're setting your
expectations a little high for something that ostensibly was banged out
in a couple of hours. :-D

Be in denial for long enough, and one day you'll deny yourself of things you wish you hadn't.