Quora: Why hasn't D started to replace C++?

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Thu Feb 1 14:05:55 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-02-01 at 12:55 +0000, Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> […]
>
> OK, will do. Might need to work on getting some more content to
> fill out the time but should be doable. Hopefully by then
> DCompute will support Vulkan, assuming that I can get consensus
> to get Vulkan as part of the SPIR-V backend for LLVM.

Excellent. ACCU 90 minute sessions are intended as 60 mins presentation
+ 30 mins Q&A. However many presenters go for the more interactive
approach of dealing with points as they arise. The more interactive
sessions go down very well.

The alternative is a 90 minute workshop where people come and do stuff.
Many presenters structure them as 20 mins intro and 60 mins of writing
software or doing some activity in groups and 10 mins of sharing
experiences. These go down well. For a really deep dive, there is the
"long workshop" which is 180 mins. However the last few of these we had
didn't work too well, the workshop lost too many people at the 90 min
break.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200