Inline code in the docs - the correct way

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 14:09:28 UTC 2018

On 1/31/18 9:58 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> Where it breaks down is when you have many nested tags, and you end
>> with )))))
>
> Long ago, I adjusted my text editor so that when the cursor is placed on
> ), the matching ( is found. Ditto for { }, [ ], < >, and
> #if/#elif/#else/#endif (!). It's been incredibly convenient.

This has literally been in vim since I started using it, what, 15 years
ago? It doesn't matter.

When I'm reviewing a PR, I don't see the matching as easily. Even with
an editor tool, it's a lot of parentheses to look at.

An example:

https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/5452

Introduced:

https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4027

Take a look at the original PR and see how the parentheses look fine,
very very hard to see that there is a problem.

-Steve