An idea for commercial support for D

psychoticRabbit meagain at meagain.com
Fri Feb 2 02:04:07 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 31 January 2018 at 08:43:46 UTC, Joakim wrote:

> My time-limited model makes sure all source is made open
> eventually, once the developers have been paid for their work.

This deceptive hybrid model (based I my understanding of it per
the description above) is really offensive to those of us who
understand the concept of open-source, and the benefits that flow
from it.

You (not you personally - I mean the person implementing such a
hybrid model) lure people in with free open source, then, when
something is found to be wrong with it, you make them wait for
the fix.. until.. .. .. your ransom has been paid.

Utterly offensive (the model that is).

Open source means just that ...  Open source - It's turtles all
the way down.

Ransom-ware is something very different.