My choice to pick Go over D ( and Rust ), mostly non-technical

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 15:39:41 UTC 2018

On Friday, 2 February 2018 at 15:06:35 UTC, Benny wrote:
> D has no default HTTP server. So you need to rely on vibe.d.
> Vibe.d being a external package that then relies on a few
> people to maintain it.

You could also use my libs, which have been around far longer
than vibe.d and work fairly well with a variety of things
including http serving, cgi interfacing, databases, gui,
scripting, all in easy-to-use independent modules and often using
reliable first-party libraries to avoid bugs.

Of course, you can be forgiven for not knowing that, since I
don't aggressively advertise them. I'm tempted to package it all
together someday though... a "just works" thing with the packaged
libs and maybe even an IDE would be nice. But alas, I don't have
an IDE packaged like that (yet, at least).