[RFC] IDE starter kit

rumbu rumbu at rumbu.ro
Fri Feb 2 19:41:13 UTC 2018

On Friday, 2 February 2018 at 15:13:49 UTC, aberba wrote:

> Anyways,  DLangUI currently stands as the defacto
> cross-platform GUI library for D. Its keeps getting better in
> functionality.

In this context, I'm talking about a lazy and convenient Windows
user first experience with D. He doesn't know anything about dub,
packages or about the excellent work of Vadim. It will be nice
for him to type "import std.ui" instead to download dub, install
it, launch command prompt, run some mysterious dub command and
download 5 dependencies just to display a window. Even the fact
that you must use dub to have a GUI project is not understandable
for a first time user.

The current GUI Sample for D in Visual Studio just throws an
exception and the code looks painfully too similar to the one I
found in my first Windows programming book from the '90s :)