My choice to pick Go over D ( and Rust ), mostly non-technical

David Gileadi gileadisNOSPM at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 20:50:39 UTC 2018

On 2/2/18 1:38 PM, welkam wrote:
> On Friday, 2 February 2018 at 15:06:35 UTC, Benny wrote:
>> ** Wall of text **
>
> I dont post here often but...
>
> Most of what you complain is known already and/or not entirely correct.
> People who work on D are not some glue sniffing brain dead individuals
> that are incapable of understanding that documentation is not perfect,
> library support is lacking and user experience is not at the same level
> as C#. That and more are known here. Over the years that I lurked here I
> saw many people come on forums and complain about things that are
> obvious and say them in a way that indirectly imply incompetence of core
> contributors. Things don't work not because of incompetence but because
> there is not enough people working on things. Thats why you get answers
> you get. To fix problems we need people who work so either you become
> one (fix it yourself) or get some one else to work (pay money).
>
> The entire D project is fueled by coffee and dislike of C/C++ and its
> amazing that it achieved so much with so little

It is pretty amazing, and it's a testament to how appealing the D
language can be, even with all its surrounding pain points.

As a long time lurker it seems like I see posts like Benny's more often
recently than I recall seeing in years past. This makes me happy--to me
it's a sign that more people are seriously considering D than used to. I
also think it's good to be reminded of what newcomers' pain points are,
and I'm glad Benny took the time to list his.