My choice to pick Go over D ( and Rust ), mostly non-technical

user user at tmp.com
Fri Feb 2 21:36:29 UTC 2018

>> When i hear Go, you hear uniformal, fast, simple syntax
>> language.
>> When i hear Rust, you hear safe, manual memory management.
>> When i hear D, you hear ... ... ... ...

I usually hear awesome meta-programming and ranges.

I think D community had put lot of effort in making these things
work because (1) these are cool (2) increases expressive power.
Unfortunately at the detriment of tooling and libraries.

I think we should put a stop to adding new features in D2 at some
point and focus on stability, libraries and tools.

Can't wait to see how the road map looks like for 18H1.