My choice to pick Go over D ( and Rust ), mostly non-technical

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 23:49:14 UTC 2018

On Friday, 2 February 2018 at 21:09:20 UTC, Rubn wrote:
> On Friday, 2 February 2018 at 15:06:35 UTC, Benny wrote:
>> HTTP:
>
> If you are focusing on Http then yah Go is probably the better
> choice, it looks like it is entire geared towards http
> development. I wouldn't use D for http just like I wouldn't use
> C++ for http.

D can equally do HTTP in whatever way Go does it. It appears most
core contributors are not into networking or web services so they
may not see it as a blocker. Its more of an ecosystem issue and
not a language issue.

Even with D, we have libraries like request
(http://code.dlang.org/packages/requests) for HTTP/FTP. Its does
support http2 yet though but its enough for all my HTTP needs for
now.

We also have vibe.d which I don't get the point which saying it
might be abandoned is not a reason to ignore it as useful or
enough. I've seen several people here submitting pull requests in
every release of it. Considering the size of this community (in
my estimation), vibe.d is well supported. It does more than what
express for NodeJS does on its own.

There in also an effort to make D work on Alpine Linux which is
very common for packaging applications into lightweight docker
containers. Support for D in the cloud also require some amount
of work since none of them support D SDKs.

The Internet and the web is continuously growing and
communication protocols are quite significant in the change.