My choice to pick Go over D ( and Rust ), mostly non-technical

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 10:55:41 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 3 February 2018 at 06:15:31 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> Software evolves. It isn't designed. The only question is how
> strictly you
> _control_ the evolution, and how open you are to external
> sources of
> mutations.

Unix was designed... and was based on a more ambitious design
(Multics).
Linux was a haphazard kitchensink DIY reimplementation of it...

I wouldn't trust Linus much when it comes to general statements
about software development.

Evolution does not mean that you don't design.

Cars evolve, but they sure are designed.