Inline code in the docs - the correct way

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 14:41:55 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 3 February 2018 at 11:41:27 UTC, Seb wrote:
> I think that would only work if we drop the ddoc of phobos
> entirely or add a similar feature to ddoc.

I could live with either :P

But the underscore thing is just plain bad. Literally NOBODY has
ever liked it - every time this comes up, people are not happy
with it saying "why is my word randomly italicized" and "why do i
have to put _ randomly in phobos".

Just even such an OBVIOUS GLARING FLAW with a reasonably
straightforward replacement path (define the highlight macro to
be a no-op, minimally, or just simply remove the "feature"
entirely with a transition switch to warn you every time it sees
what is now an extra _ on a word - that's what I did with adrdox
and fixed my Phobos fork up in about 30 mins) hits a brick wall.

> Don't get me wrong, I like adrdox a lot more than ddoc and I
> don't like the REF Ddoc feature either.

BTW I am going to have another burst of time to do improvements
to it soon, and I think I still have a list of nits from you so
you might see some nice improvements in the coming month.

February is a somewhat slow month for me with day job work which
means I expect to be able to afford a good block of time to work
on this again.