My choice to pick Go over D ( and Rust ), mostly non-technical

psychoticRabbit meagain at meagain.com
Sun Feb 4 01:46:34 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 3 February 2018 at 22:59:06 UTC, Dgame wrote:
> This is a nice, refreshing post. You state problems and why you
> switched to Go. You give a ton of informations (here and in
> your prior posts) why you did what you did and what problems
> you've seen. This could be used to improve D. But the regular
> reply you will get if you criticize D even a little is "You are
> wrong! D is great!" or "You have a point, but ...". You can
> watch these discussions regularly, it's really hilarious. It
> always ends in the same way: Criticism is being hunted down and
> after Page 3 you can only read how great D is and why.
> I congratulate you on your decision. I also changed to another
> language and I've never regretted it. Sadly the D community
> will never learn from those excelent posts which only wants to
> help D to become better than it is. It's really sad...
> I bet this post will also torn apart to bash any sign of
> criticism.

There is always friction, and often conflict, in the open source
community.

Why? Because there is no dictator, dictating the terms of what
people should do, how they should do it, when they should do it.
There are no consequences for not submitting to some authority.
People are free to think and do as they choose.

So if you want to be part of an 'real' open source community, you
need to understand that fact - before you understand anything
else.

This is why democracies are what they are - frought with fiction,
and often partisan conflict - cause people are free to think for
themselves - and this often leads to friction and conflict.

You need to be able to maturely deal with that friction and
conflict.

Go try living in north korea. not much conflict there - you get
inprisoned or shot if you do not think and do as the leader
dictates.

Your suggestions are welcome. Just don't tell people that if they
don't listen to them, then their community is bad. That's not how
an open source community works.

If you are free to think and do, so are others.