Quora: Why hasn't D started to replace C++?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 19:22:03 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 4 February 2018 at 18:00:22 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> What the D Foundation needs is a CEO who is a good CEO. Good
> CTOs
> rarely make good CEO, though it is possible.

Well, I don't think making some hard decisions about memory
management, which is the most apparent issue with D, is a CTO/CEO
problem.  It is more an issue of not being willing to make some
sacrifices in order to gain momentum.

If "better C" is the new strategy, then that is fine, if that
means you will make "better C" the main focus, going lean.

If it means that you have essentially forked into two main
directions... then it just makes it even harder to gain momentum.