My choice to pick Go over D ( and Rust ), mostly non-technical

psychoticRabbit meagain at meagain.com
Mon Feb 5 11:25:15 UTC 2018

On Monday, 5 February 2018 at 10:23:23 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Monday, 5 February 2018 at 08:06:16 UTC, Boris-Barboris
> wrote:
>> I have no doubt it can be done in the end. I solely imply that
>> the disadvantage here is that in C's "main" (imo) use case it
>> has to be done, and that is a thing to be concerned about when
>> picking a language.
>
> Yes, the wheels are turning. C is for portability and C++ is
> for system level programming.

C is for trusting the programmer, so that they can do anything.

It's also for keeping things fast - *even if not portable*.

Last but not least, C is for keeping things small, and simple.

(btw. these are somewhat paraphrased versions I took from a MISRA
C paper)

C does all this really well, and has done so... for a very long
time.

I believe this is why its not so easy to create a 'better' C (let
alone convince people that there is a need for a better c)