My choice to pick Go over D ( and Rust ), mostly non-technical

psychoticRabbit meagain at meagain.com
Mon Feb 5 12:23:58 UTC 2018

On Monday, 5 February 2018 at 11:38:58 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Monday, 5 February 2018 at 11:25:15 UTC, psychoticRabbit
> wrote:
>> C is for trusting the programmer, so that they can do anything.
>>
>> It's also for keeping things fast - *even if not portable*.
>
> C++ is the same...

No. C++ is primarliy about higher order abstractions. That's why
it came about.
Without the need for those higher order abstractions, C is just
fine - no need for C++

The benefits of C, come from C - and only C (and some good
compiler writers)

>> I believe this is why its not so easy to create a 'better' C
>> (let alone convince people that there is a need for a better c)
>
> I don't think many want a replacement for C, in the sense that
> the language is very limited.

(depends on what 'many' means)  - There certinaly are 'numerous'
(what ever that means) projects trying to create a better c -
which contradicts your assertion.

A limited language can be a good thing too.