My choice to pick Go over D ( and Rust ), mostly non-technical

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Feb 5 12:41:29 UTC 2018

On 2018-02-05 06:28, Walter Bright wrote:

> True, D cannot directly read .h files. There are tools, though, to
> convert C .h files to D.
>
> I have thought about building this into D many times, especially since
> the Digital Mars C compiler is now available since it is Boost licensed.

I did that as an experiment. Embedding DStep in the compiler [1]. It got
a mixed response. Some prefer to have it as a separate tool, some prefer
to have it built-in. DStep depends on libclang, meaning the compiler
would depend on libclang as well.

[1] https://forum.dlang.org/post/ks3kir$1ubq$1@digitalmars.com

--
/Jacob Carlborg