Inline code in the docs - the correct way

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 5 14:48:08 UTC 2018

On 2/5/18 2:53 AM, Walter Bright wrote:

>>> The #if too?
>>
>> Yes. http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Moving_to_matching_braces
>
> So I see. I wonder when that was added to vim. I put it in MicroEmacs in
> the late 1980s, and vi definitely didn't have it then. I didn't put in
> Pascal begin/end, because I didn't care for Pascal :-)

I should clarify -- the matching parentheses feature has been in vim
forever (note -- vim didn't exist in the last 80s, straight vi I think
doesn't have these features). I don't know how long the matching
#if/#endif feature has been there, I haven't used it much.

A nice feature of this is that the "jump to match" command is like any
other move command in vim -- you can hook it to copy/pasting, deleting,
formatting, etc. It's very useful.

But this is a bit off topic :)

-Steve