My choice to pick Go over D ( and Rust ), mostly non-technical

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 09:51:13 UTC 2018

On Monday, 5 February 2018 at 20:12:09 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 2/5/2018 12:06 AM, Boris-Barboris wrote:
>> I think that would be most logical thing to have, but that
>> would also imply preprocessor, or at least it's restricted
>> subset, wich you most probably though about as well.
>
> Sure. I could use the Boost licensed preprocessor in DMC, or
> the Boost licensed preprocessor in Warp.

I tried Warp on a non-trivial C codebase. It didn't work (by
which I mean the code wouldn't compile with it). I don't know how
clang managed to build a (for all practical purposes I can see)
bug-compatible preprocessor from scratch to gcc, but it did and
in large projects it makes a difference.

Atila