-libpath?

Jonathan Marler johnnymarler at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 17:49:33 UTC 2018

What do people think of adding an argument to DMD to add library
search paths?  Currently the only way I know how to do this would
be via linker-specific flags, i.e.

GCC: -L-L/usr/lib
MSVC: -L-libpath:C:\mylibs
OPTLINK: -L+C:\mylibs\

NOTE: the optlink version only works if no .def file is
specified.  If you have a .def file, then you can't add any
library search paths :)

If we added a new "linker-independent" flag to dmd, then you
could add paths using the same interface regardless of which
linker you are using.  I'd expect the argument to be something
like:

-libpath=<some-path>

The disadvantage is it would be another command line option added
to DMD.  If there is general agreement that this is a desirable
feature, I'll go ahead and implement it.