Quora: Why hasn't D started to replace C++?

Ralph Doncaster nerdralph at github.com
Thu Feb 8 15:29:08 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 7 February 2018 at 22:31:58 UTC, John Gabriele
wrote:
> I'm not sure how long dub has been around, but having an easy
> to use CPAN-alike (online module repo) is HUGE. Dub is great
> for sales. The better dub and the repo gets, the more
> attractive D gets.

I completely agree that the availability of libraries is a huge
factor.  I almost gave up on D because of the limited amount of
3rd party libs.
I think just improving the search function would help.
http://code.dlang.org/search?q=keccak
Comes up with nothing, so I started porting a sha3/keccak lib
from C to D.  Then someone pointed out botan has sha3 support,
which can be found if you search for "crypto"
http://code.dlang.org/search?q=crypto