A betterC base

Michael michael at toohuman.io
Thu Feb 8 16:48:35 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 8 February 2018 at 14:54:19 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Thursday, 8 February 2018 at 11:06:15 UTC, ixid wrote:
>> It feels like D has not overcome at least two major issues in
>> the public mind, the built-in GC
>
> D is a pragmatic language aimed toward writing fast code, fast.
> Garbage collection has proved to be a smashing success in the
> industry, providing productivity and memory-safety to
> programmers of all skill levels. D's GC implementation follows
> in the footsteps of industry giants without compromising
> expert's ability to tweak even further.
>

> That's what we should be saying every single time someone
> mentions GC. Including it was the RIGHT DECISION and we should
> own that.

Yes, absolutely! It's the reason I chose to start writing
programs in D, because I had a background in C and Java, and
wanted a fast, compiled language that would take care of the
details for me. You can write programs quickly, and it's quick
enough when running them, and can of course be tuned further
through managing allocations/collections of the GC etc.