A betterC base

ixid nuaccount at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 17:32:53 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 8 February 2018 at 15:51:38 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Thursday, 8 February 2018 at 15:43:01 UTC, ixid wrote:
>> That's been said over and over and the message has not gotten
>> through.
>
> It is almost never said! We always play by their terms and
> implicitly concede by saying "but we can avoid it" or "look
> -betterC".
>
> Reddit invades our space, and we fall back. Rust assimilates
> entire worlds, and we fall back. Not again! The line must be
> drawn here! This far, no further!

You're preaching to the choir here. Being able to add GC easily
to a betterC base gives you the same utility and a much stronger
story to tell people, optional GC sounds good.

Do you really think sticking with the current course on GC would
gain more users than very slightly changing tack and making it
something you add to a simpler base? I think the second of those
will gain more users.