My choice to pick Go over D ( and Rust ), mostly non-technical

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Feb 8 18:36:07 UTC 2018

On 2/6/2018 1:51 AM, Atila Neves wrote:
> I tried Warp on a non-trivial C codebase. It didn't work (by which I mean the
> code wouldn't compile with it). I don't know how clang managed to build a (for
> all practical purposes I can see) bug-compatible preprocessor from scratch to
> gcc, but it did and in large projects it makes a difference.

Warp successfully compiles all of Boost, including their advanced preprocessor
metaprogramming library. So it's very, very compatible. If you have something
that didn't work, I suspect it is because the user-defined list of predefined
macros supplied to Warp wasn't correct.

If that wasn't it, I'd appreciate it if you could boil down what went wrong.