proposal: heredoc comments to allow `+/` in comments, eg from urls or documented unittests

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Fri Feb 9 09:34:01 UTC 2018

On 02/09/2018 03:52 AM, Kagamin wrote:
> On Friday, 9 February 2018 at 08:44:31 UTC, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa)
> wrote:
>> On 02/09/2018 03:42 AM, Kagamin wrote:
>>>
>>> Nested comments are superficial though,
>>
>> Not if you've ever commented out a block of code.
>
> Comment this:

'kay:

// string sedArg="s/ +/ /";

Don't see how that's remotely as common as "*/" in a C-style-comments
codebase or commenting out something at the sub-statement level, like a
function argument, type modifier or sub-expression, but hey, I guess if
you have instances of that all over most functions in your codebase,
then, yea, I guess disabling code with /+ +/ would be pretty nasty.

> Comments don't respect even lexical structure of commented code that you
> expect, version(none) does.

Uhh, you do know that IS nesting, right? And that it fails in far more
cases than /+ +/ does? And is far less widely supported by editors? And
that it DOES nest? And also that it nests?