proposal: heredoc comments to allow `+/` in comments, eg from urls or documented unittests

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Fri Feb 9 10:50:14 UTC 2018

On 02/09/2018 04:48 AM, Kagamin wrote:
> On Friday, 9 February 2018 at 09:34:01 UTC, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa)
> wrote:
>>> Comments don't respect even lexical structure of commented code that
>>> you expect, version(none) does.
>>
>> Uhh, you do know that IS nesting, right?
>
> It's not a comment though, it disables code on semantic level way above
> raw character stream level, that's why it works better, also it's often
> one liner.

You seem to keep going back and forth on whether you like nesting or
consider it a mistake. Hard to keep up.

>> And is far less widely supported by editors?
>
> If you want it be bound to a shortcut, many text editors support
> invocation of external tools or text snippet expansion.

I meant syntax highlighting. I've given up on binding the
comment/uncomment mechanism I want to key shortcuts: Dealt with too many
editors that have too much trouble with something that should be so
simple, wheras just plain typing works in nearly any editor. Which is
all the more reason I don't use version(none) to disable code.