A betterC base

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 14:11:37 UTC 2018

On Friday, 9 February 2018 at 01:55:10 UTC, Benny wrote:
> On Friday, 9 February 2018 at 00:08:56 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> On Thursday, 8 February 2018 at 23:50:29 UTC, Ali wrote:
> - import ... really, we are 2018 and people are still wasting
> our time to have standard libraries as imports. Its even more
> fun when you split, only to need import the array library.
>
> Look how ridiculous C++ like "import std.algorithm, std.conv,
> std.functional, std.math, std.regex, std.stdio;" some of the
> example on the front page look like.

It's easy enough to create std package like this:

module std;
public import std.algorithm;
//...

However, I'm a _huge_ fan of local imports and only importing
what's needed. It helps with build times, binary sizes, and is a
boon for finding where things are actually defined when DCD can't
figure it out. And, of course, reduces namespace pollution.

Dependencies are usually bad. Imports are dependencies. Ergo...

Atila