Bye bye, fast compilation times

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Fri Feb 9 14:19:56 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 6 February 2018 at 20:30:42 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:

> The regex in question I think is to ensure an email address
> like abc at 192.168.0.5 has a valid IP address. The D1 function
> doesn't support that requirement.

> -Steve

An invalid IP is not necessarily an invalid email though.

You'd be surprised how much __garbage__ a valid email actually
can contain.

https://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc822/

Generally the best way to validate an email is just to check if
there is a value before @ and a value after.

The real way to validate an email is to check if the email exists
on a SMTP server, BUT some SMTP servers will not provide such
information (Such as gmail I think?) and thus you can't really
rely on that either.