Which language futures make D overcompicated?

Ralph Doncaster nerdralph at github.com
Fri Feb 9 14:59:38 UTC 2018

On Friday, 9 February 2018 at 07:54:49 UTC, Suliman wrote:
> Which language futures by your opinion make D harder?

Too many choices.  I tend to obsess over the best way to do
something, and when the language gives me several options I want
to try them all.  One example is constants (that would typically
be #define in C).  From reading forum posts, I've seen many
suggest:
const auto MAX_IN = 20;

Others say to use enums.  It turns out enums seems to be the
best, as they don't create a symbol in the object file, but const
auto does.  The docs say using "private" will keep the symbol out
of the file, but that is not true.
https://dlang.org/spec/attribute.html#static