Which language futures make D overcompicated?

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Fri Feb 9 18:40:25 UTC 2018

On Friday, 9 February 2018 at 18:13:08 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Fri, 2018-02-09 at 16:10 +0000, Seb via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>
> […]
>> Dub is not dead, it just has limited resources.
>
> So , if the D community want Dub to work as a build system as
> well as a package manager, extend the resources by corralling
> the grumblers and support them into fixing code and creating
> pull requests.

I already but my limited resources into real and _merged_ pull
requests for actual bugs at dlang/dub
Please if you have ideas to motivate the grumblers to do so as
well, act!

> Whilst grumbles on the email list are not turned into evolution
> of Dub, the D ecosystem does progress.

Yes, we are making  progress. With more people contributing,
things would go a lot faster though ...

An example, remember how code.dlang.org looked in 2016?

https://web.archive.org/web/20160129060825/http://code.dlang.org/

(apart from the design - compare the number of packages with the
number it has today)