A betterC base

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 19:50:50 UTC 2018

On Friday, 9 February 2018 at 19:28:40 UTC, Seb wrote:

> Yes, that's the intended goal.
> However, to convince everyone involved and to be able to
> experiment with this in the wild for a bit, we went with
> std.experimental first.
>
> If drawbacks get discovered, it's a lot easier to retreat.

Cool.

Do you know if compilation speed improves if using selective
imports? E.g.
import std.experimental.scripting : writeln;
vs.
import std.experimental.scripting;

I suppose that's a general question wrt public imports, but in
this case there is probably more to parse than in other smaller
projects.