Which language futures make D overcompicated?

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Fri Feb 9 22:41:28 UTC 2018

> I have to agree with all of this. I've never found D as a whole to be overly
> complicated. C++ wins _that_ contest hands down. And I've found languages
> like Java to be overly simple (e.g. one of my professors in college said
> that Java didn't become a real language until they added generics, because
> that actually added some complexity to it). IMHO, any language that's really
> worth using isn't going to be simple.

*nod, nod*

Any task has an inherent level of complexity. That complexity can be
either be in the language, or in the user code. Your choice.

And then there's C++ which manages to CREATE extra needless complexity
on both sides, thereby falsely convincing entire generations of
programmers that langauge complexity is inherently bad. No, it's
*unnecessary* complexity that's bad.

> I originally ended up finding D, because I wanted
> a language with some of the safety features that Java had but without losing
> all of the power of C++. C++ had too many problems that resulted in bugs,
> and Java had stripped out too many features in comparison.

*Exactly* what led me to D, too. :)