Which language futures make D overcompicated?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Feb 9 22:45:22 UTC 2018

On Fri, Feb 09, 2018 at 10:22:01PM +0000, rumbu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> Personally, I don't use dub. If I need some library, I download and
> add it to my library import path. The only way that dub will convince
> me will be a right click context menu on my VS project entitled
> "Manage DUB packages".  It's an productivity issue: I just press F5 to
> debug my project, why should I go to the command line and type
> manually what I want?
[...]

Your last sentence boggled my mind.  Doesn't VS have the ability for you
to define a macro bound to some hotkey that will automatically go into
the command-line and "type" whatever it is you need to type?

If it doesn't, then all I can say is, no wonder I hate using IDEs.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets.  Imagination without skill gives us modern art. -- Tom Stoppard