Quora: Why hasn't D started to replace C++?

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Sat Feb 10 06:10:01 UTC 2018

On Friday, February 09, 2018 19:50:48 Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> > If I were
> > doing all of my personal projects n C++, I don't know how many would be
> > unit tested.
>
> I know how many. Zero.

If I were writing something like std.datetime in C++, I'd go to the trouble
of writing unit tests, and I've written unit testing frameworks for C++
before for work. So, I don't think that it would necessarily be zero, but
it's certainly true that I'd be a lot less willing to go to the effort, and
I almost certainly wouldn't bother for smaller projects.

- Jonathan M Davis