Which language futures make D overcompicated?

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Mon Feb 12 01:36:50 UTC 2018

On 02/11/2018 06:18 AM, Russel Winder wrote:

> Clearly though there is a problem with Dub as a build system for many
> of it's users – or rather people who try and reject.

The problem isn't just "dub as a buildsystem". The other equally big
problem here is that "dub as a package manager" pretty much forces "dub
as a buildsystem" for library authors. Yes, *officially* it doesn't, but
realistically, yea it does. And I don't see how dub can fix in any sane
way without a major, fundamental redesign.