Which language futures make D overcompicated?

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Mon Feb 12 02:31:38 UTC 2018

On Sunday, February 11, 2018 19:01:09 Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> As with too much around here, a big part of the issue is ultimately man
> power. Even if we could all agree on exactly how D's build and package
> management situation should be solved, actually get the work done is a
> huge problem.

On that note, I feel that I really should thank Sonke and those few that
have helped him write dub. As much as I think that some aspects of dub need
to be redesigned, at least they actually went and did something and managed
to get it to take off enough that there are quite a few D libraries
available using dub. So, while the solution may not be what we want, at
least we have a solution.

And even if someone else does come along and put in the time and effort like
the dub folks did but comes up with a solution that we like better, the new
solution will undoubtedly benefit from seeing what has and hasn't worked for
us with dub.

And maybe dub itself will be reworked to be where we want things to do be,
but either way, it requires more manpower, and at least right now, we have
_something_, even if it's far from perfect.

- Jonathan M Davis